Friday, November 16, 2007

j's third open lab

Ok, I showed up around 7pm... still can't find any finished fired pieces. It's so strange that everything is missing. I hope nothing went wrong with the cone10 firing.

I went ahead and kneaded 2 balls and sat down to do more of the same at the wheel. I managed 3 more little cups (total of 6 now), and then made 2 small sake pitcher kind of vessels. It was the first time I've EVER made a collared vessel with a neck much smaller than the rest. The first one surprised me when it looked correct! It's pretty exciting that I was able to make them!

That was about all I had time for this open lab. Technically the 19th was the last day to "start" wet clay pieces.... so I guess that's it for all the pieces I get to work with. If I'm lucky tho, I might be able to work a little on the wheel on Saturday class.... Zach has said that he wouldn't stop us if we wanted to keep working on new stuff, and anything we don't completely finish this class we can take home and finish in another ceramics class.

2 comments:

jacqueline said...

ah ha! the 19th is Monday! I can still make more stuff tomorrow!

duh.

hana said...

Congrats on the collar!